Thursday, September 11, 2008

WHEW!! Where Have I Been?

My oh my, it has been awhile since I have posted to my blog. Alot has happened! Matt & Karen (Chicago) brought their 3 little gems to gramma & grampa while they vacationed in Hawaii. Thier first trip alone in ten years! They had a fabulous time. Back in Seattle, we were having alot of fun until gramma (me) decided to blow out her back with a herinated disc. It was so painful. My grandchildren saw their gramma cry alot. Luckily, they were such little warriors, they climbed on gramma & grampa's big king sized bed and played around me. GiGi, their "great gramma" (my mom) at 83 would drive over everyday at 7:30 am and stay until 6:00 pm to help me with the kids. It worked out well despite the unplanned kink in the works.

I was out of work from July 28th until September 5th. It took a lot of drugs and laying around to ease the pain in my right leg which is where most of the nerves were pinched from the disc. Kudo's to my mom, Lola, my husband Layne and to the rest of my family and friends for bringing in food, trying to keep me from going crazy and for all their patience and kind words.

I am scheduled for physicial therapy so hopefully this won't happen again.

Anywho!!! What's going on with the rest of the world? I have to say that I so admire Bop & Beep for their postings on their blog. They are the epitomy of what "good bloggers" should be. Check it out, http://bopandbeep.blogspot.com/. I need to become a better blogger! Along with being a better friend, wife, aunt, gramma, eating better, exercising more, and being more spiritual.

Well, you are all witness to my resolutions! Keep me on path. Love to all!

2 comments:

Dan said...

I am glad you are feeling much better. I can only imagine how painful your herniated disc has been. I've had minor back pain, and it SUCKS.

Holly said...

Nice to see you back. I was getting a little tired of seeing the Eastern Medicine post :)
I'm glad you had fun with your grand kids in spite of all the pain. I hope you continue to heal.