Friday, April 11, 2008

Funny little story

As you may or may not have heard, the Dalai Lama is in Seattle for a "Seeds of Compassion" conference. Anywho...I had a client lunch with one of my associates and we were meeting the client down south. When we were on our way back, we exited the freeway and had to stop at the light and the end of the exit. I happen to glance over at the white chrisian church across the street and could see a person in orange (I thought he had on robes) and this person appeared to be waving his arms up and down slowly. So I told Tracy (my associate), "Oh look Tracy, there's the Dalai Lama". Tracy took a look and said, "Ahhh, Lorraine, it seems to be a maintenance worker, power washing the church." Oops, they say that sight is the first thing to go, (or is it memory?) anywhooooo, when we came upon all the cops in the city, Tracy said, "Oh my gosh, these guys are totally missing the boat, they need to head up to the Christian church to protect the Llamha!"
To those reading this, may I say, "Have some seeds of compassion here!"

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Nyuck, nyuck. I wish your sight had been the first thing to go!

;^)

NoelPaterson said...

May he bless you and your maintenance worker friends.

Holly said...

You crack me up!

Dan said...

I wonder if the SDOT person with the stop sign on Leary Way in Ballard could also be "Him...!"