Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My One & Only Nephew

Recently, I (Lorraine) went to my niece Tracy's wedding in Southern California. This was preceded by my niece, Jenny's wedding in Southern California as well. I have 4 wonderful nieces, Jenny, Tracy, Lauren and Courtney, whom I love dearly.


Out there by himself, is my one and only nephew, Justin! Saying Justin's name just puts a smile on my face. He is one totally awesome nephew. When he was little, I would bribe him with candy, to say that he loved his Aunt Lorraine more than anyone. He would always take the bait, despite my brother's indignation over that whole exercise. Now that he is "16", I think he would see through the whole candy bribe. Whenever I get the chance to see Justin, he gives me a hard time and I give it back, but this nephew of mine is very special to me. He doesn't shy away from his goofy aunt as other guys his age would do. So, Justin, here's to you from your favorite aunt (?). Keep being the great person you are and you will go far in the world. Until next time, make a goofy face for me. Love, from your Aunt Lorraine

No comments: